Yellow Squash | A Popular and Nutritional Summer Squash
Please note: This product is sold per lb and the final price may vary slightly as weights are not perfect.
Often Overlooked When It Comes to Cooking, Yellow Squash Is a Perfect Summertime Kitchen Staple.
Yellow squash is a summer squash that’s less popular than zucchini, yet just as good for you. It can go in almost any kind of dish, whether you want to make a soup, add a little zest to pizza or work its way into roasted vegetables. It has various nutrients that make it an ideal addition to a healthy diet.
- Excellent source of Vitamin C which is a powerful antioxidant that neutralizes free radicals and prevents oxidative stress that may cause cell damage
- Rich in antioxidants including phenolic compounds and carotenoids, including beta carotene, Zeaxanthin, dehydroascorbic acid, and lutein. They have been shown to protect against various chronic conditions, including cancer.
- Rich in iron and folate which can help maintain normal red blood cell production and prevent anemia
- Rich in Vitamins A which is good for gut health and boosts immunity. It may also promote eye health.
- Composed of 95% water making it a low-calorie, low-carb vegetable good for weight-loss diets
Local Delivery Only Through March!
Free Delivery: Spend over $25
$5 Delivery Fee: for Purchased less than $25
Tuesday: OBX (Duck, Kitty Hawk, Kill Devils Hills, Nags Head, Manteo)
Visit Our Stand Starting April 1!
We open for in-person shopping for the new season April 1, 2023.
Your Daily Dose of Healthy Selections
Get your daily dose of vitamins with our fresh and healthy selection of freshly picked vegetables and fruits!