Shallots | A Sharp and Flavorful Vegetable
Please note: This product is sold per lb and the final price may vary slightly as weights are not perfect.
The Sharp and Pungent Flavor of Shallots Makes Them One of the Most Widely Used Vegetables in Both Raw and Cooked Dishes.
Shallots are members of the Allium vegetable family and have a mild flavor that can make an excellent addition to a variety of dishes, such as soups, salads, and dressings. They’re full of fiber, vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and organosulfur compounds, all of which are responsible for many of their health benefits.
- A more concentrated source of protein, fiber, and micronutrients, including calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, zinc, copper, folate, B vitamins, and vitamins A and C
- High in antioxidants such as quercetin, kaempferol, and allicin which help protect your cells from becoming damaged by substances called free radicals.
- Quercetin may also relieve allergy symptoms
- Contains antimicrobial compounds such as Alliums which have long been used in traditional medicine to help treat colds, fevers, and coughs, as well as the flu
- Contain high amounts of thiosulfinates, a type of organosulfur compound that may prevent the formation of dangerous blood clots
Local Delivery Only Through March!
Free Delivery: Spend over $25
$5 Delivery Fee: for Purchased less than $25
Tuesday: OBX (Duck, Kitty Hawk, Kill Devils Hills, Nags Head, Manteo)
Visit Our Stand Starting April 1!
We open for in-person shopping for the new season April 1, 2023.
Your Daily Dose of Healthy Selections
Get your daily dose of vitamins with our fresh and healthy selection of freshly picked vegetables and fruits!