Pears | A Crisp and Soft Bell-Shaped Fibrous Fruit
Please note: This product is sold per lb and the final price may vary slightly as weights are not perfect.
From Breakfast to Dessert, Pears Are the Perfect Way to Get Your Day Off on the Right Start.
The versatility of pears truly is amazing, not only are Pears delicious but also offer many health benefits. The skin of a pear is high in fiber, which helps to keep you feeling full for longer. They are also high in vitamins and other compounds that your body needs for optimal health.
- Especially rich in folate, and vitamin C
- A rich source of important minerals, such as copper and potassium. Copper plays a role in immunity, cholesterol metabolism, and nerve function, whereas potassium aids muscle contractions and heart function
- An excellent source of polyphenol antioxidants, which protect against oxidative damage. The peel boasts up to six times more polyphenols than the flesh
- Offer dietary fiber, including prebiotics, which promotes bowel regularity, constipation relief, and overall digestive health
- Red pears may protect heart health while green pears may promote eye health
- Rich source of flavonoids which are antioxidants that may help reduce inflammation
- Contain many potent plant compounds that may have cancer-fighting properties though additional research is needed
- It may help reduce your risk of type 2 diabetes due to its fiber and anthocyanin contents
- Rich in potent antioxidants, such as procyanidins and quercetin, that can boost heart health by improving blood pressure and cholesterol
- It may help you feel full because of its high amounts of water and fiber which may help you lose weight
- Enjoy it as a snack
- Add it to your favorite dishes such as oatmeal and salad
- Make it a smoothie, juice, or shake
- Roast or poach it
- Pair it with other spices like cinnamon
Local Delivery Only Through March!
Free Delivery: Spend over $25
$5 Delivery Fee: for Purchased less than $25
Tuesday: OBX (Duck, Kitty Hawk, Kill Devils Hills, Nags Head, Manteo)
Visit Our Stand Starting April 1!
We open for in-person shopping for the new season April 1, 2023.
Your Daily Dose of Healthy Selections
Get your daily dose of vitamins with our fresh and healthy selection of freshly picked vegetables and fruits!