Jalapeño Peppers | Add a Mild Heat to Any Dish
Please note: This product is sold per lb and the final price may vary slightly as weights are not perfect.
So When You’re Standing Over the Stove, and You Want Some Heat to Taste the Salsa, What Do You Grab? Jalapeño Peppers!
They pack a mild heat and a rich flavor for any dish. Whether used at the table with fresh cilantro or grilled on your favorite meat for an added kick, jalapeños are an essential part of any of your cooking arsenal.
Jalapeños are spicy chili peppers from the hot pepper family. It is commonly used in Mexican cuisine but popular worldwide, jalapeños are packed with nutrients and have many health benefits.
- Low in calories and full of vitamins, minerals, fiber, and antioxidants
- A good source of fiber
- Research suggests that jalapeños and other spicy peppers may promote weight loss by boosting metabolism, increasing fat burn, and reducing appetite
- Contain capsaicin which might help fight cancer in high doses and can help relieve pain when used topically. It may also protect the stomach from developing ulcers
- Contain compounds that can prevent the growth of harmful bacteria and yeasts that cause infectious diseases
- Add it raw with your salad
- Infused in spicy chili oils
- Include in your main dishes
- Pickled into condiments
- Blended to your smoothie
- Add to your baked goodies
- Stuffed with meat
- Smoked known as Chipotle peppers
Some precautions for those people with low tolerance to spicy foods:
- A temporary burning sensation of the mouth, but simple steps can be taken to reduce it.
- Those with heartburn, IBS, or aflatoxin sensitivity may want to avoid chili peppers to avoid symptoms.
- Some can experience uncomfortable intestinal side effects.
Local Delivery Only Through March!
Free Delivery: Spend over $25
$5 Delivery Fee: for Purchased less than $25
Tuesday: OBX (Duck, Kitty Hawk, Kill Devils Hills, Nags Head, Manteo)
Visit Our Stand Starting April 1!
We open for in-person shopping for the new season April 1, 2023.
Your Daily Dose of Healthy Selections
Get your daily dose of vitamins with our fresh and healthy selection of freshly picked vegetables and fruits!